Table of Contents
Do you want to achieve your weight loss goal? You can follow the Best Keto Diet Plan. The ketogenic diet offers an eating plan to drive your body into Ketosis. Remember, it is a state where the human body uses stored fat as a fuel source.
Keto diet is a popular method to improve health and shed extra weight. It is a high-fat, low-carb diet to promote fat loss. With the help of a keto diet, you can improve different health conditions, including cognitive decline and type II diabetes.
Basics of Ketogenic Diet
The Keto diet contains high fat, low carbs, and moderate protein. By following this diet, you can decrease the carb intake under 50 grams daily. Fats must replace the maximum of reduced carbs and deliver nearly 75% of total calorie intake.
Protein must account for nearly 20% of energy requirements while restricting carbs to 5%. The reduction of carb urges your body to depend on fats or primary energy sources other than glucose. This procedure is famous as Ketosis.
What is the state of Ketosis?
In Ketosis, the body utilizes ketones that are molecules created in the liver from fats in case of limited glucose. Ketones are famous as an alternative source of fuel. However, fat is avoided because of high-calorie content. Remember, the best keto diet plan is adequate to promote weight loss.
With the help of the Keto diet, you can increase satiety and decrease hunger that may be specifically helpful to shed extra pounds. Basically, the ketogenic diet depends on a low-carb routine. Carbs must be restricted to less than 50 grams daily.
Meal Plan for Ketogenic Diet
You may find it overwhelming to switch over this diet, but it is easy. You have to focus on decreasing carbs while growing the protein and fat content for snacks and meals. To achieve the state of Ketosis, you have to restrict carbs. Generally, low carbohydrate intake will help you to reach in Ketosis and maintain this state.
Foods to Eat and Avoid in Best Keto Diet Plan
You have to eat keto-friendly food and avoid items with carbs to lose weight successfully. Here is a list of keto-friendly food items:
- Poultry: Turkey and Chicken
- Egg: Organic, pastured whole eggs
- Meat: Bison and organ meats, grass-fed venison, pork and beef
- Fatty Fish: Mackerel, herring and wild-caught salmon
- Full-fat dairy: Cream, butter, and yogurt
- Seeds and Nuts: Almonds, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, flaxseeds, and peanuts.
- Full-fat cheese: Mozzarella, cheddar, brie, cream cheese, and goat cheese.
- Nut butter: Cashew, almond, and natural peanut butter.
- Avocados: Add whole avocados to your diet as a snack or meal.
- Healthy fats: Olive oil, coconut oil, coconut butter, sesame oil, and avocado oil.
- Condiments: Spices, fresh herbs, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and salt.
- Non-starchy vegetables: Broccoli, greens, peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
Food Items to Avoid
It is essential to avoid food items rich in carbohydrates in a keto diet. Here are some entirely restricted items:
- Baked goods and bread, such as crackers, whole-wheat bread, white bread, doughnuts, rolls, and cookies.
- Sugary and sweet foods, including ice cream, sugar, maple syrup, candy, coconut sugar, and agave syrup.
- Sweetened beverages include juice, soda, sports drinks, and sweetened teas.
- Pasta, such as noodles and spaghetti.
- Grain products and grains, such as rice, wheat, breakfast cereals, tortillas, and oats.
- Legumes and beans, including chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans, and lentils.
- Starchy vegetables, including sweet potatoes, potatoes, pumpkin, peas, corn, and butternut squash.
- Fruits, such as pineapple, bananas, grapes, and citrus.
- Particular alcoholic beverages may include sugary mixed and beer drinks.
- High-carb sauces, such as dipping sauces, sugary salad dressing, and barbecue sauce.
However, carbs must be restricted; you can enjoy low-glycemic fruits like berries in a limited amount. It will help you to maintain a macronutrient keto-friendly range. It is essential to choose healthy food items and stay away from processed foods. Moreover, avoid unhealthy fats in your diet.
- Unhealthy Fats: Vegetable oils (corn and canola oil), shortening, and margarine.
- Processed Foods: Packaged foods, processed meats (lunch meats and hot dogs), and fast foods.
- Diet Foods: You must not eat food with artificial colors, sweeteners, and preservatives, including aspartame and sugar alcohols.
Beverages for Keto-friendly Diet
Sugar is available in beverages, such as coffee drinks, iced tea, soda, and juice. On a keto diet, high-carb drinks should be avoided, such as high-carb foods. Remember, sugary beverages have numerous health issues, such as the danger of diabetes and obesity.
Fortunately, some sugar-free and delicious options are available for a keto diet. Some great beverages include:
- Water is vital to stay hydrated and must be consumed during the day.
- To replace soda, you can drink sparkling water.
- Unsweetened coffee with heavy cream can be the right choice.
- Green tea is healthy and delicious. You can enjoy several health benefits with unsweetened green tea.
Feel free to add some additional flavors to water by experimenting with different keto-friendly flavors. You can toss lemon peel and fresh mint into a water bottle to keep yourself hydrated. Stay away from alcohol because it is not good.
You can enjoy a low-carb drink, such as tequila and vodka mixed with soda on a special occasion.
The ketogenic diet has several health benefits, such as control type II diabetes. It helps you in the improvement of glycemic control. With the best keto diet plan, you can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease and harmful cholesterol levels.
A healthy diet must be designed around low-carb and high-fat food choices. You have to restrict unhealthy fats and highly processed items. Avoid sugary beverages and replace them with unsweetened coffee and green tea.
Your keto meal plan must include several low-carb, fiber-rich vegetables, and whole foods. Feel free to pick healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocado, pastured butter, and coconut oil. It will help you to increase fat in your diet. Try to snack between meals to satisfy moderate hunger.